Element Physiotherapy was established in September of 2014, by owner/physiotherapist, Tryna DeGagne and was relocated to Baby Bump in 2020. There is a private treatment room and reception area within the Baby Bump studio. Element provides Women’s Health physiotherapy, with a special focus in perinatal physiotherapy (preparation for birth & birth recovery) and pelvic pain. Please visit the services menu on the top of the web page for detailed explanations of all physiotherapy services available.
Initial assessments are 75-90 min in length and subsequent visits are 45-60 min in length. No overlapping client appointments are scheduled. Included in the sessions are educational handouts in the form of electronic or printable PDF’s and access to the FREE clinic app for your individualized home exercise program (videos with sound and written descriptions). Each woman’s body, health, symptoms, life, pregnancy and/or birth is unique, and the physiotherapy sessions reflect that.
Physiotherapy During Covid-19
Physiotherapy clinics are open for business as per our provincial regulatory college, The College of Physiotherapists of Manitoba (CPM) recommends the current following procedures and guidelines:
- Screening clients at the time of booking an appointment and upon their arrival to the clinic with the following screening tool
- Personal Protective Clinic (PPE) is required to be worn by the physiotherapist (level 1 medical grade or higher, mass and safety eye protection. Physiotherapists are trained medical professionals in the use of donning and doffing PPE, and are required to follow Shared Health Guidelines for the use of PPE in clinics or outpatient settings
- PPE is required for all clients as per the Manitoba Critical (Red) level on the Pandemic Response System
- Maintaining physical distance (6feet/2metres between all individuals). *At Element, there is one private treatment room/office, a private waiting room and NO overlapping clients scheduled. At this time it is recommenced you come without a support person and/or leave infants or children at home. Ifthis prevents you from attending, please contact the clinic to discuss, as it is important for clients to receive the treatment they need
- Frequently cleaned high traffic surface areas with a hormone-friendly, government approved cleaning agent
- Multiple hand sanitizing and washing stations available, including 1 frequently cleaned bathroom
- Signage posted in the clinic re: hand washing, social distancing, Covid-19 Symptom screening questionnaire
On the day of your appointment
- PLEASE SELF SCREEN using the Shared Health Cover-19 screening questionnaire before arriving at the clinic
- Upon arriving (no earlier than 5 min) to your appointment, please call the clinic to indicate your arrival, and to be screened for symptoms
- As per the Manitoba Critical (Red) Level on the Pandemic Response System, all clients are required to wear a mask.
- At Element, there is one private treatment room/office, a private waiting room and NO overlapping clients scheduled.